Steve J. Peklenk
Corporate Construction Services, LLC, Charlotte, NC
Years of industry experience:
35 years in the construction industry. Author of numerous publications and regular speaker on construction industry matters.
Industry organization memberships:
- North Carolina General Contractors License
- South Carolina General Contractors License
- North Carolina Licensed Home Inspector
- Arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association - Construction Arbitrator Since 1995
- American Association for the Advancement of Science - Federal Judge Arbitration Program Panel Member
- Certified North Carolina Superior Court Mediator & Certified Mediator before Clerk of Courts
- Certified Mediator - North Carolina Mediation Network
- Certified Third Party EIFS Inspector/Moisture Analyst and Level II Building Envelope Inspector - EDI
- NC/SC Regional Governor and Level II Building Envelope Instructor - EDI
- Trained EIFS Applicator - Sto
- Certified Mold Inspector - Environmental Solutions Association # 2101
- American Institute of Constructors - Member Since 1984
- Architectural Woodwork Institue since 1999
- International Code Council Member, Since 2000 (SBCCI)
- American Concrete Institute, Since 2000
- Enviromental Solutions Association Member Since 2006
- National Fire Protection Association Member Since 2006
- Building Enclosure Council of Charlotte Since 2007
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienist Since 2007
- Co-Chairman Construction Program Advisory Group - University of North Carolina, Charlotte Campus
- Construction Professionals Network of North Carolina Since 2002
- Past Advisory Board Member - Carolina Constuction Alliance
- Previous American Association of Cost Engineers (1984-1992)
- Professional Construction Estimators Association (1987-1992)
- Auburn University, Auburn Alabama, Bachelor of Science in Building Science
- University of Houston, Houston, TX - January 1980 to December 1981
- Brown & Root, Inc Training Courses - Carpentry I - November 1973 & Carpentry II - March 1974
- Occupational Safety and Health Certification Courses (OSHA)
- Consultant: Corporate Construction Services, LLC, Charlotte, NC - 3/89 to Present - Owner and Contractor consulting for projects and legal claims preparation; Arbitration & Mediation, Construction and Property Inspections, Project Scheduling & Controls, Indoor Air Quality Testing and Investigation
- Allied Engineering, Inc - Vice President/General Manager. Manager of all business operations for full servive engineering concern. 1992-1995.
- Director of Construction - Adams Building Systems, Inc, Charlotte, NC 1988 - 1989.
- Project Manager - D.C. Turner Construction Company, Charlotte, NC 1985 - 1988
- Contractor - Steve Peklenk & Associates - General Contracting, Auburn, Alabama & Houston, Texas 1979 to 1984.
- Construction Superintendent - Resurrector's Inc., Houston, Texas, 1978 to 1979.
- Property Administrator/Construction Supervisor - Church of the Redeemer, Houston, Texas 1974 to 1978.
- Carpenter - Brown & Root, Inc.
Hiking, Bicycling, Water Sports, Boating, Tinkering in the Garage
Favorite industry oriented quote:
"Life is lke a box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get."